Powder Coated Style Doors To Suit Defenders
This is the full kit that you need to do the swap over from
push button doors to this 2 piece type!
The parts in this kit are:
· Pair Of Door Bottoms
· Pair Of Glazed Door Tops (glass fully fitted)
· RH & LH Anti Burst Handles
· RH & LH Strikers For Handles
· 2 x Door Top To Bottom Seals
· 3 x Barrel Lock & Key Set· 4 x Captive Plates
· 2 x Plastic latches
· 2 x Lock hole surrounds
· 2 x Series front door handle fixing kits
· 4 x 3/8th dome head screws for the plastic latches
· 4 x M6x20mm flaged bolt
In this kit, these are the door bottoms to convert your Defender to the simpler and more robust Series split doors.
These doors and tops are steel framed with aluminium skins
as per factory spec
Before today the only option to do this yourself is to buy
standard series 3 or series 2 door bottoms and tops and modify and add various
brackets to make them fit Defenders. The main problem was that the check strap
bracket is completely different and in the wrong place on standard series
Also normal series doors lack the lever that’s pushes the
interior light switch on and off which also acts as part of the intruder alarm
system from mid-1990 models onwards. These are made by the same company that
makes Defender push button doors so the same jig and bracket has been used on
these doors so it is in exactly the right place.
Our doors bolt
straight onto any Defender 90/ 110/ 130 1983- present and replicate all of the
original functions your vehicle needs. No extra modification or welding is needed;
these simply bolt onto you existing hinges!
Benefits of converting to 2 part doors:
1. Much cheaper than new push button doors
2. Much simpler and less to go wrong as there is no winding
window mechanism to go wrong!
3. Much less rot prone
4. Lift up handles are much stronger against theft
prevention as the lock design is stronger
5. Lift up handles are off-road safe as they do not protrude
out of the door like the plastic push button handles do.
6. Much more elbow room inside the cabin
7. Removable door tops if you have a soft top or just wish
to let more air in!